- Firstly to see the church continue to grow and develop as a strong and healthy local church.
- The training, encouraging and releasing of all believers to grow to their full potential and maturity in God.
- Nurture and release leaders to be skilful shepherds, ministering with integrity of heart.
- To disciple the nations of the world. This includes reaching out into our own community in real and relevant ways to reveal the love of God to our neighbours. It also includes being involved in Jesus' commission beyond the borders of our own city and
- Supporting and planting New Testament Churches.
- To build a strong base church to serve the Lowveld area
(Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Acts 11:20-26, Acts 2:42-47; 2 Corinthians 11:2)
We are all motivated by a system of values. They are often rather caught than taught so you will need to discover and pick them up. They provide the parameters by which we live and the motivation for our discipleship.
Our values make us who we are and give us as a Church an identity. Here are some of our core values:
- The Word of God is central in everything we do, teach and live out. We are radically Word-based in our obedience. (Mark 7:13)
- The Church is not somewhere you go but it is something you are. We are also salt and light in our city, neighbourhoods and places of work. We must live out our faith and serve our community in love.
- Church is God’s only plan for the redemption of the world and therefore we devote ourselves to meeting together and to fellowship. Regular Church meetings are of vital importance to us. It offers an opportunity to praise and worship God, hear the Word preached and fellowship with other believers. Our fellowship is an opportunity to care and support one another, but also reach out to the lost and the lonely. We need each other to keep us accountable, to encourage, to admonish and to pray.
- We are a generous people who freely give of our time, efforts and resources to see the Kingdom of God coming.
- Strong, accountable and loving leadership is Biblical and essential for the Church to flourish, grow and fulfil its mission. (Heb 13:7)
- We believe that we need to be a prophetic people. This means that we speak what God is saying and that we work where God is working. We want to bring God’s insight and breakthrough into situations through the work of the prophetic gift (John 5:17).
- Worship and Preaching: Our worship should be a lifestyle not an event. Our preaching should be under the anointing of the Holy Spirit to bring about change, encouragement and breakthrough. (Acts 10:44)
- We believe that each Christian has to pray and we cannot just leave it to a handful of intercessors. Prayer is vital for the health, progress and growth of a church. Our plans and progress are worthless without God’s anointing. (Ps 127:1)
- Our assumption is that each believer is a minister or a “priest” with a specific role and function in the body. We are all important and can be used by God. Each one has a different function but we are all necessary for the functioning of the body. We need the anointing of the Holy Spirit to empower and gift us for this task.
- Relationships are important to us. We want to be a warm, welcoming fellowship where people feel loved and cared for. We believe in Friendship not just function. (John 15:15)
- We want to carry the Father’s heart for the nations of the world. We are embracing the Great Commission to go to all the world to encourage other believers, train leaders and make disciples. (Eph 4:11-16).